So first of all, How come no one told me Michael Bay had a blog (www.michaelbay.com/newsblog)? Needless to say I bookmarked it immediately. Now on to the meat of the matter; Bay posted a list of fun facts about next week’s “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”. The full list is on the his blog but here are choice few:
- 14 robots last time, 46 robots this time (ILM only)
- If you had all the gold ever mined in the history of man, you could build a little more than half of Devastator.
- Optimus Prime will be life size on IMAX screens in many forest fight shots.
- Devastator’s hand is traveling 390 miles per hour when he punches the pyramid.
- The pyramid destruction simulation was 8 times bigger than the old rigid simulation all-time record holder at ILM.
- All robot parts laid out end to end would stretch from one side of California to the other, about 180 miles
- Devastator’s parts stacked tip to tip would be as tall as 58 empire state buildings.
- If all the texture maps on the show were printed on 1 square yard sheets, they would cover 13 football fields.
- TF1 took 20 Terabytes of disk space. Trans2 took 145 Terabytes. Seven times bigger!
- 145 terabytes would fill 35,000 DVDs. Stacked one on top of the other without storage cases, they would be 145 feet tall.
I can’t wait for next week to finally check out the movie, especially considering one of my favorite G1 ‘formers, Soundwave, is in it: