Born: February 7, 1946
Died: January 2, 2011
Number of Roles: 94
Best Known for Playing: Menacing gangsters, Stern fathers
First Appearance: Ecco in The Racer (1975)
Most Recent Appearance: Fergus “Fergie” Colm in The Town (2010)
- Roland Tembo in The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Maurice Fischer in Inception
- Spyros in Clash of the Titans
- Father Brennan in The Omen
- Father Laurence in Romeo+Juliet
- Kobayashi in The Usual Suspects
- Giueseppe Conlon in In the Name of the Father
- Keeper in Aeon Flux
- Holabird in Amistad
- Gilbert of Glockenspur in Dragonheart
- David in Alien 3
- Steven Spielberg called him “the greatest actor in the world”.
- One of his quotes from the movie Brassed Off is the start of the song Tubthumping
- Broke his nose playing rugby as a kid and broke it numerous times later in life in barroom brawls.
- One of his biggest fans is Daniel Day-Lewis.