- Joel Kinnaman possibly offered lead in Robocop remake: He’s probably best known as Detective Holder on The Killing. The remake suffered a massive setback a while back when Darren Arronofsky backed out and now Jose Padhila of the Elite Squad movies is set to direct.
- Stallone’s “Bullet to the Head” bumped from release date: Bullet to the Head, directed by Walter Hill and starring Sly Stallone and Jason Momoa, has been bumped from it’s April release date and a new date has not been determined.
- The Rock in talks to play Brett Ratner’s Hercules: Apparently Brett Ratner has been working on an adaptation of the graphic novel “Hercules: The Thracian Wars” and The Rock might be cast as Hercules. The comic finds Hercules trying to train the Thracian Army to face a deadly threat.
- William Fichtner playing the villain in The Lone Ranger: After a great villain performance in Drive Angry last year, William Fichtner is set to play the role of villain Butch Cavendish in Gore Verbinski’s Lone Ranger movie.
- Edgar Wright directing adaptation of “Kolchak: The Night Stalker” starring Johnny Depp: Edgar Wright has been doing a lot of writing and producing over the last year but he’ll be back behind the camera for an adaptation of the 1970′s TV show “Kolchak: The Night Stalker”. The show was sort of a predecessor to shows like The X-Files and followed reporter Kolchak as he investigated paranormal activity. Johnny Depp will be starring in the title role.
- Jai Courtney starring as John McClane Jr in “A Good Day to Die Hard”: It was announced that the fifth Die Hard movie, “A Good Day to Die Hard” will find John teaming up with his son, John Jr., in Russia. Jai Courtney beat out Liam Hemsworth for the role, Courtney can be most recently seen on Spartacus: Vengeance.
- Weinstein Company releasing some of their bigger movies on Netflix before pay cable: The Weinstein Company announced earlier this week that they will be releasing a selection of their foreign, documentary and other features on Netflix before even pay cable networks like HBO. This includes movies like The Artist, Coriolanus and W.E.
- Community is back March 15th: Thank god
Subscribe / Share
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.