- New Riddick movie might start shooting this Summer: Vin Diesel recently posted on his Facebook page that he’s gotten word from the director/writer of the third movie in the Riddick franchise that they can start shooting the movie this summer but to make it they way they want to (hard R), Vin will have to work for scale.
- Tony and Ridley Scott producing a Pirates mini series for Fox: Trying to cash in on all that Pirates of the Caribbean money, Tony and Ridley Scott will be producing a 10-13 episode mini series for Fox called Pyrates that will recount the story of one of the largest pirate thefts in history, the pillaging of the Spanish silver fleet in 1628. F/X is also jumping on the Pirates bandwagon with their upcoming show Port Royal.
- Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds co-starring in RIPD: Jeff Bridges was cast this week in RIPD, based on a Dark Horse comic series about supernatural law enforcement agents. Zach Galifinakis was originally set to co-star with Ryan Reynolds but backed out. RIPD stands for Rest in Peace Department and Reynolds will be playing a recently killed cop who is recruited into the RIPD and partnered with veteran member Bridges. If Reynolds gives the RIPD 100 years of service, he’ll be able to get some vengeance on the man who killed him.
- David O Russell and his horrible sounding Uncharted script leave the project: Fans of the Uncharted series of games can breathe a sigh of relief this week as David O Russell and his crazy “family of antiquities dealers” script have left the Uncharted movie. Sony also revealed the project is getting completely overhauled and Mark Wahlberg is no longer starring.
- The Lion King getting a 3D re-release, 3D Blu Ray this Fall: One of Disney’s most beloved animated movies, The Lion King, is getting a Blu Ray release this October and Disney is converting the movie to 3D a la Beauty and the Beast. The movie is also getting re-released into theaters with it’s shiny new 3D conversion. I think certain sequences, like the wildebeest chase, could be amazing in 3D.
- Jessica Biel playing Rachel in Total Recall: The Total Recall remake cast is pretty much set as Jessica Biel has been cast as Rachel, the “slutty, athletic brunette” that Quaid meets on Mars.
- The Wolverine Director Short List: With Darren Aronofsky having to leave The Wolverine, a new director short list has emerged. The directors being considered are Jose Padilha, Doug Liman, Antoine Fuqua, Mark Romanek, Justin Lin, Gavin O’Connor, James Mangold, Gary Shore. Gary Shore seems super excited about possibly directing the movie, as he made a motion comicesque clip entitled “Wolverine vs The Hand”.
I’m like the J. Jonah Jameson of Everything Action, writing and editing and constantly demanding pictures of Spider-Man.