- Kurt Russell joins for Fast & Furious 7: Snake Plissken himself is apparently joining the cast of Fast & Furious 7 in a role that was initially offered to Denzel Washington. The fact that Russell, Tony Jaa, Jason Statham, Vin Diesel and The Rock are all in the same movie puts this almost on par with an Expendables movie.
- James Spader cast as Ultron: James Spader as signed on to play the evil robot Ultron in 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron. Spader is going to flex his villain chops playing a Hannibal Lecteresque terrorist on the upcoming NBC show, The Blacklist.
- Louis Letterier returning for Now You See Me sequel: One of the biggest surprise hits of the year was the magical heist movie Now You See Me and Summit rushed a sequel into development. All the main stars will be returning and it was announced that director Louis Letterier will return as well.
- NBC greenlights show based on Outbreak: The producers behind ER are back with another medical drama based on the movie Outbreak, that starred Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo, Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman. It’s not clear yet whether it will be a season long battle against one disease or a new disease every few episodes.
- Luther creator wants to create a prequel movie: The third season of Luther is debuting later this fall on BBC America, and has already debuted in the BBC, and Neil Cross, the show’s creator, is now hoping to do a prequel movie that will follow John Luther’s earlier career, eventually ending with the first scene of season 1 of the show. If everything goes right, he’ll shoot it next year.
- Simpsons area complete at Universal Studios Orlando: The Kang & Kodos Twirl & Hurl opened at the new Simpsons area of Universal Studios, completing the area’s attractions and food vendors, which includes Moe’s Tavern, Krusty Burger, Lard Lad donuts and The Duff Brewery.
- Mitch Hurwitz cements that there will be AD movie first, then Season 5: If there’s one complaint about this year’s fourth season of Arrested Development on Netflix, it’s that it was clear the cast’s schedules did not line up, as only one or two cast members were in scenes together. To rectify this, creator Mitch Hurwitz said the next thing would definitely be a movie that brings everyone together in one place, before moving on to fifth season of the show.
- 12 Monkeys show in development from SyFy: The cult Bruce Willis classic, 12 Monkeys, is getting turned into a TV pilot for SyFy in a show that, if picked up, would follow the same structure of the movie where a man from a post apocalyptic future time travels back in time to find the source of the plague that ruined humanity.
- HBO making a series based on Westworld: Setting the stage for both Jurassic Park and The Terminator, Michael Crichton’s movie Westworld is a cult classic that is being turned into a series by HBO. JJ Abrams and Jonathan Nolan are behind the series, with Nolan directing the pilot. The movie, which you should definitely check out if you haven’t, follows a pair of 80’s yuppies on a trip to an amusement park populated by robots in various environments. The guys go to Westworld, where the Gunslinger robot, played by Yul Brenner, goes haywire and starts killing people.
I’m like the J. Jonah Jameson of Everything Action, writing and editing and constantly demanding pictures of Spider-Man.