- Kim Raver in talks to return to 24: Jack Bauer seemingly moved on in the last few seasons after his second love interest, Audrey Raines, went insane from extended captivity in China but Audrey may return for 24: Live Another Day as Kim Raver is apparently in talks to reprise her role.
- Djimon Hounsou joins Fast & Furious 7: Fast & Furious 7 and Expendables 3 are seemingly going to be going head to head as the roster for both movies gets bigger and bigger. Fast 7 just added Djimon Hounsou this week, his second major blockbuster next year along with Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Warner Bros. planning Harry Potter spin-offs: JK Rowling is currently writing scripts for a movie to expand the Harry Potter movie universe with “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” which is based on a fake textbook Rowling wrote to compliment the books and details where and how to find the various magical creatures of the Harry Potter universe.
- Better Call Saul gets greenlit: With Breaking Bad a few weeks away from ending, the spin off show featuring everyone’s favorite sleazy lawyer, Saul Goodman, has been greenlit. The show, tentatively titled Better Call Saul, will be a prequel following Saul before he got involved with Walter White.
- The Killing get cancelled: Despite what, by all accounts, was a much improved third season, AMC cancelled The Killing yet again. A new home for a potential fourth season is currently being explored.
- Jurassic Park 4 retitled Jurassic World, coming in 2015: Production on Jurassic Park 4 was delayed earlier this year but seems to have picked back up, as Universal announced the movie would now be called Jurassic World and is coming in 2015. Colin Trevorrow, of Safety Not Guaranteed, is set to direct.
- American Psycho show coming to FX: FX announced they were producing a sequel series to American Psycho, which will follow a 50 year old Patrick Bateman and his new apprentice, who he is training to surpass him in terms of murder.
- Ant-Man moved up to Summer 2015: The already jam packed Summer of 2015 is getting even more crowded as Disney/Marvel has moved Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man into a prime July 31, 2015 slot, two months after Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Bruce Willis signs on for The Prince: Although he recently said he’s “bored of action”, Bruce Willis just signed on this week for the action/thriller, The Prince. The movie will be directed by Russian director Sarik Andreasyan and follows a former mob enforcer who goes to Las Vegas to visit his daughter and Willis will play a man who’s been waiting for him to reemerge in order to confront him.
I’m like the J. Jonah Jameson of Everything Action, writing and editing and constantly demanding pictures of Spider-Man.