- Josh Brolin may head to Jurassic World: Brolin is apparently in early talks to join Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins and Nick Robinson in the fourth Jurassic Park movie. There’s no details about what the plot is but Brolin will most likely be the lead if he’s cast.
- New Universal Monsters reboots could be part of a connected universe: Everyone has taken notice of what Marvel has done with their movies and now Roberto Orci, who is working on The Mummy and Van Helsing reboots for Universal, says that the movies could be connected in the same universe, with crossovers a definite possibility.
- Legendary chooses Simon Crane to direct Hot Wheels: The Fast & Furious franchise is one of the biggest money makers in Hollywood and other studios are trying to jump in with Dreamworks bringing Need for Speed next year and Legendary scooping up the license for Hot Wheels. They’ve tasked stunt coordinator Simon Crane to direct the movie.
- Guillermo Del Toro confirms Pacific Rim 2 is being written: Del Toro announced recently that he is currently working on Pacific Rim 2 with screenwriter Travis Beacham. It’s not officially confirmed yet but the movie made over $300 million dollars internationally and $100 million domestically, so Legendary would be dumb to not greenlight the sequel.
- Marvel Live stage show coming next year: Marvel is taking it’s heroes across the country with a live stage show hitting 85 cities over the course of next year. Dubbed Marvel Live, the show will feature an original story, although there wasn’t specific about what characters would be included.
- Universal gets rights to MI6 movie: Universal recently won the rights to the movie Section 6, which will be a spy thriller detailing how MI6 was created during World War II.
- Roberto Orci met with CBS about Star Trek TV show: Orci, who wrote and produced the JJ Abrams Trek movies, apparently had a meeting with CBS, who owns the rights to classic Trek, about a new Trek TV series, although details are sketchy at best.
- Tons of additions to Fargo: Bob Odenkirk, Glenn Howerton, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Joey King and Adam Goldberg have all joined FX’s reboot of the classic Coen brothers crime caper. Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thorton were previously cast in the show.
- Villain of Star Wars: Rebels will be Imperial Inquisitor: The Inquisitor seems to be a Sith who is tasked by Darth Vader hunt down and kill the remaining Jedi in the time between Episode III and IV.
I’m like the J. Jonah Jameson of Everything Action, writing and editing and constantly demanding pictures of Spider-Man.