News Shotgun 10/31
- Skull Island script getting a rewrite: The upcoming King Kong prequel starring Tom Hiddleston will get a rewrite from Flight screenwriter John Gatins, who was nominated for an Oscar for his screenplay for that movie.
- True Detective Season 2 supporting cast revealed: We’re still waiting for confirmation on the female lead but a couple of the supporting roles have been announced for the upcoming second season of True Detective and includes Abigail Spencer, Michael Irby, Kelly Reilly and Leven Rambin, joining Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn and Taylor Kitsch.
- Evil Dead team reunites for new thriller: Director Fede Alvarez, writer Rodo Sayagues and producers Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert, who brought us the Evil Dead remake, are reuniting for a thriller called “A Man in the Dark”, which follows a group of teenagers who break into the house of a blind man with a supposed fortune somewhere in the house but find themselves in the home of a psychopath and have to fight to survive.
- Wonder Woman may be set in the 20’s: There’s a rumor that the upcoming 2017 solo film for Wonder Woman may be set in the 1920’s and will find Diana growing up on Paradise Island until a man arrives from the outside world requesting the help of the Amazons.
- Supergirl plot summary and casting call: CBS’ entry into the superhero TV genre is the upcoming Supergirl and the show will apparently follow Kara as she arrives from Krypton to Earth and is raised by the Danvers, hiding her ability until she has to use them to stop a disaster and decides to become the protector of her new home city. The show is looking for a Caucasian female actress between the ages of 22 and 26.
- New horror anthology movie Tales of Halloween coming soon: Following on the heels of ABCs of Death and VHS, Tales of Halloween is an upcoming anthology horror movie, featuring stories from directors like Neill Marshall, Darren Bousman, Joe Begos, Andrew Kasch and more, with ten segments in all. It should arrive in time for Halloween next year.
- Seth Rogen is Steve Wozniak in Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs movie: Joining Christian Bale and seemingly taking a cue from his pal Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen is getting serious by playing Steve Wozniak opposite Christian Bale playing Jobs. The movie is written by Aaron Sorkin and is apparently set around 3 setpiece scenes in the life of Apple’s founder.
- Plot synopsis and release date for Hail Caesar!: The Coen Brothers upcoming comedy will follow George Clooney as a “studio fixer” during the later years of the “Golden Age” of Hollywood, who goes about a typical day visiting the various studios and dealing with problems with sets, trouble making actors, etc. Josh Brolin, Ralph Fiennes, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton and Channing Tatum co-star and the movie is out on February 5, 2016.
- Michael Bay in talks for a Benghazi movie: After subjecting us to three hours of Chinese propaganda and statutory rape jokes this Summer, Michael Bay is apparently in talks to direct a film about the events of September 2012 where a CIA annex and Special Missions Compound were attacked by Islamic fundamentalists and 4 Americans were killed and 10 injured. It needs a Black Hawk Down sense of realism and respect but the last time Bay took on a historic tragedy, we got Pearl Harbor.
- Keanu Reeves joins sci-fi thriller Replicas: Hot off John Wick, one of Keanu Reeves upcoming ass kicking roles will be in a movie called Replicas, where Reeves plays a neuroscientist who is trying to bring his family back to life after a car accident and finds himself up against a government lab, a police force and the “very laws of physics”.
- X-Wing and TIE Fighter available on Good Old Games: GoG has gotten the rights to re-release a bunch of Lucasarts classics on their service and they kicked things off with what are widely considered the best space sims of all time, X-Wing and TIE Fighter. You can get those along with Sam & Max Hit the Road, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Knights of the Old Republic.
- Scream gets a full series order: MTV has ordered a full season of their reboot of Wes Craven’s meta slasher series, although it’s apparently not going to feature the iconic Ghostface mask, due to it’s rights being owned by FunWorld and The Weinstein Company owning the rest of the Scream series.
- Tom Hiddleston returning as Loki for Thor 3, scepter is one of the Infinity Gems: The rumored plot may involved Loki striking a deal with Surtur, lord of the fire demons, and that is what sets off the titular Ragnorak. It was also confirmed that Loki’s Scepter is one of the Infinity Gems and, based on how it worked in Avengers, is most likely the Mind Gem.
I’m like the J. Jonah Jameson of Everything Action, writing and editing and constantly demanding pictures of Spider-Man.