- Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes offered roles in Bond 23: Oscar winner Javier Bardem is supposedly being offered a “major” role in the upcoming 23rd Bond movie. Traditionally, the other major actor besides the man playing Bond is the villain and we already know that Bardem can play a fantastic villain, so I’m excited. Fiennes is apparently being offered another role that is different from the one that Bardem is being offered and Fiennes has played great villains as well so either choice would be great.
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors movie in development: One of my favorite SNES games, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, is being developed into a movie. A script is being shopped around by writer/producer John Darko and it’s being pitched as a horor/comedy. I hope that, like the game, they don’t just focus on zombies but all kinds of horror tropes from 50’s giant ants to 80’s slashers.
- Remakes- The Killer and Fletch: A few more movies are apparently getting remade sometime soon. John Woo’s classic, The Killer, is getting remade by John H. Lee and starring Korean actor Jong Woo-Sung. John Woo will produce. The Killer remake will also be shot in 3D so hopefully it will look like the doves are flying right at you. In other remake news, Warner Bros. is planning on remaking the Chevy Chase classic Fletch; they recently bought the rights to all 11 original novels by Gregory McDonald.
- Nick Fury in both Thor and Captain America: Samuel L. Jackson confirmed that Nick Fury will appear in both Thor and Captain America this summer. Fury is also going to have a female sidekick and possible actresses include Morena Baccarin, Colbie Smulders, Jessica Lucas and MaryElizabeth Winstead.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt in talks to join The Dark Knight Rises: The Dark Knight Rises train continues to roll on from last week’s confirmation of Bane and Catwoman as this week we learned that Joseph Gordon Levitt is apparently in talks to join the movie. No word on whether he would be a villain or some other role.
I’m like the J. Jonah Jameson of Everything Action, writing and editing and constantly demanding pictures of Spider-Man.